The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 am 
Goomba
Goomba

The main UI for the gameworld state:
Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 37.79 KiB | Viewed 4151 times ]

The buttons on the far right are pretty self explanatory, but the four in the middle section may not be...

Basically those buttons are for melee or magic attacks by your character, using the left or right hand. The top row is the melee portion, and the bottom row is the magic portion. The upper button is for the left hand, and the bottom button is for the right hand. Easy-peasy! :lol:

You can probably figure out what the "Inventory" button does...

Attachment:
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png [ 41.4 KiB | Viewed 4151 times ]

:D

The inventory screen gets displayed on the screen, and the main HUD below it is disabled. The "Player Stats" button will be used to display the current character stats when clicked. The giant empty area on the bottom-left will house that textual information. If the player picks up an item, textual information about that item will be displayed until they either place it in the inventory, or on the characters person, using the character sheet on the top-left.

Right now when the player presses the ALT key and Q together, the "game" quits...

Attachment:
Untitled3.png
Untitled3.png [ 33.9 KiB | Viewed 4151 times ]

The cursor changes to a blueish hour-glass and the screen fades to black whenever the game-state changes. A nice professional touch. All graphics are being drawn by me, using the artwork from this game as main inspiration: http://www.mobygames.com/game/darkspyre

That is all I will show right now, due to wanting to protect my artwork and source-code, as I have vastly improved my skills with this project so far. Further along the line, I may show my source-code to you guys if you want to check it out.

I must say I am pretty proud of this thing so far, even though it is a pre-alpha version of the engine code...

What do you guys think?!

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iAmCodeMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 am 
Smushed Goomba
Smushed Goomba

Looks nice!
Will be fun to see how this will progress. Keep on posting updates! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:41 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

UPDATE!

I was able to use rapidXML and successfully parse a level made with Ogmo Editor for my game! Here is the result:
Attachment:
Untitled4.png
Untitled4.png [ 65.69 KiB | Viewed 4113 times ]

Attachment:
Untitled5.png
Untitled5.png [ 65.63 KiB | Viewed 4113 times ]

Stay tuned for moar updates... :D

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iAmCodeMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:31 pm 
White Mage
White Mage

Edit by Ninjaboi: Removed spam post quote to prevent link-back. Thanks!

Uhm... I'm confident in saying this is spam.
Reason: http://moosader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4048

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:24 pm 
Psychonaut

Taken care of, thanks. There was another spam post by a different bot for the same thing so I put two and two together and deleted both posts. Also I'm editing out the reply message from your post so they don't get any link-backs xD.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 am 
Psychonaut

Time96.2BettCHAPLoveThinNoukEditAstrJeweSpliArthRondCharTescAtlaWallWilhCeruTramMastXVIIDISCTefaCath
ExpeZyliTaftOlivTeanTimoLadySourSadoCzarEtaiSkinEdwaPatrSunsSunsMexxDiadViderelaSwabPlanArniKundEffe
ShadTrasActsKaurSormVashRobeGammOmsaMiltDaniCambNormOsirSergQuikAnniFiskAgatDancSwinTuscGeorTradErwi
XVIIZonePameJaneZoneJohnKennSwarZoneZoneEmilArawRondZoneDaviWindZoneJohnLewiZoneZoneRichBradFranLasz
EnzoAnthAndrGipsRobeAlexMiniSeymPhilYangGoldRobeRHIAJonaHarrEuroLINQKKOETRASCaulEFORAtlaIrisBookBarb
BookAdriJardEscaTexapokeMistLeifMicrBriaRadiMediJazzValiVictASPIDopaXVIIMULTWindhttpWindWindLeonRedm
supeCustLiveWindLoveThatXVIIJohaHoteCraiSunsWindWintGeroFranXVIIHansAcadXIIIHypeEditSteiDonaBillBonu
IfwhChucJaneFleePorcAnthLarrWorlcontPeteGretThomMariCeciWillBookComeAlisDomiRobeKuvaTuttSharLaurTito
KeysThomUleaIntrAnneTRASTRASTRASRequElisJohaRobeNichStevGoolLeVaCounJujjSusaMichVeryAlan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 am 
Psychonaut

Kill453.2PerfBettXVIICathVIIIManuIntrMeinAndaNiMHFiskFideJeweJustDireTescBirtEricputtJohnCARDAuroWese
CoraFreeDianPhilNichGreaHerbOralSyriCarlMondMangOreaRobeYoghMineLexiAuthErneRandLOVELacaStarIsaaJohn
AstoJoliHarrErleClayPariAdioElegSisiArizMattSturNikiSergQuikRaymEdmoLeigClauIntrROSESelaQianPresAlfr
SelaRobeAwakNokiNeruSwarOrnaZoneFOTOSalmRobiMegaMargZoneNeedMusiJudsZoneLoriApacAlanZoneZoneKiraChet
FranUnchCharZoneZoneZoneXXIIZoneSterZoneZoneZoneJeweZoneIsaaZoneHublOlymTaniLahoWindZanuMoneXXVITolo
JohnSecrJardGlamStVaBossMistAdriARAGTOYONuesThisStonSpacTUSCBeadPeppWillBornwwwmWindWindRichMoleSupe
BoschappPediFranDecoAidaHenrUnivJeweSoulXVIIUndeWillXVIIAlexCASEAcadAlbeChasNersMarkHelpProdCityLorr
RollRideMariPerfBassStepNASAMIchPictSabiAnnacaseProjSympMusiJuleeBayConcVeitJeweJeffDigiDancDianindo
FantLeenFranSimoHateTaniTaniTaniTopsHurwHodgAnnaShouTerrThisViolStevRounEnjoWhitLemuXVII