The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Project Fall
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:52 pm 
White Mage
White Mage

So, I started making a game again and, unlike previous projects of mine, this one is going pretty smoothly. I chose a simple yet original idea and decided to make it into a small game which is doing great so far. I decided to call the project "Fall" because of the main mechanic of the game, which involves modifying the direction of the gravity, and because you have to defeat all the enemies in the level to gain access to the next.

I will post updates and screenshots here whenever I get the occasion. I can't do it very often because I can only get on my computer every weekend, which means the development cycle of the game will be quite slow. However, I do plan on finishing the game eventually, and I certainly hope I can achieve this goal. Wish me luck, because I am once again attempting to make a game and prove to myself that I can finish a project that I started.

Tell me what you think about the idea, and if you find the game good enough, I might make it available on steam or something like that. Also, there's this competition I might consider entering if the game happens to be complete before it's over, but that's really not my main goal here. I just want to take my time and make a good game that people will enjoy!

-Programgamer

Post subject: Re: Project Fall
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:41 pm 
Zora
Zora

Now I wonder why you get your computer only at the weekend. But on the other hand, it's non of my bussines. Now it is? ;)
I wish you good luck with your project and I hope to see some screenshots too. :)

Also if you win the prize, don't forget your (or at least my) favourite GameDev Community. Especially not those who wish you luck. :p
And most importanly: Don't forget to have fun. That's the main purpose of developing. Isn't it?

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:17 am 
White Mage
White Mage

Thanks, and yup, when I'm all famous and stuff I wont forget the small community that got me started! :lol:

But yeah, the reason I don't have my computer during the week is because my parents lock it away in a chest. No, it's not a joke, my parents literally do that. The reason behind this is that they think that any video game during the week is enough to distract me from doing my homework, and my multiple attempts at taking it without their permission. I'm trying to bargain to have it like one hour a day after my homework is done or something like that, but I can't guarantee anything.

Also, how am I writing this if my computer is locked in a chest? School computers! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:59 am 
Zora
Zora

programgamer wrote:
Also, how am I writing this if my computer is locked in a chest? School computers! :twisted:

Why don't you take your project on a USB Device then? I mean ... It _is_ possible to place projects onto an USB Device and develop nearly anywhere.
Sure, you'd to forget about M$ VC++ or something like that. But MinGW and a makefile? Most Editors are portable too. Notepad++ is just one of them.

Image Editing? There's a portable version of GIMP. Heck, for some time I carried an USB Device pretty much everything around.
- XAMPP (Apache-Server with PHP5 and MySQL)
- GIMP
- Audacity
- CamStudio
- ffmpeg
and quite a lot more. Unless you can't use USB Devices (i.e. security reasons), I would definitly go with that for now.

But ofc, if you got only like 5 Minutes, the time isn't even worth starting your editor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:37 pm 
White Mage
White Mage

Heh. if only I were making my game in C++ or something like that. Thing is I'm making it in Game Maker studio, which means I can't just continue the game at school because the school computers don't have Game Maker. Heck, I'm lucky they even have Paint.net. And, yeah, I don't exactly have lots of time to spare, so slow game dev. it is!

Edit: And I beileve I can't just put Game Maker on a USB because firstly, I have the steam version and secondly, I have the paid version of that, and I'm pretty sure brigning any kind of paid software on a USB to school would count as illegal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:54 am 
Smushed Goomba
Smushed Goomba

All the same, I look forward to seeing your game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:11 am 
Psychonaut

VIII301.5BettBettExtrWindCelsJorgNormGeorimdbVoguEdouGardPensTescPensFredCeruPensJustXVIIDekoDISCTesc
TemphighTeanOlivTherJohnTurnBalaBoazDashToshEsseAlfrStriDovePalePatrPradMezzCleaOralGezaWhenMetrVogu
AlabRosaClocSPORThisNeriPierScarAndrCharLemoPanzVladOsirAltaCircFearWindChriXVIIEgbeMartDinoCariVira
EdgaZoneBernFireZoneNickTracSwarZoneZoneAldoOdoaRondZoneLicywwwnZoneJuleWillSwarZonePiriMireMiffRudo
RogeDolbFiskKinoArnhKateExpeXVIIHTMLSigrEverRolaZoneFindLamaDalvChriPELTTRASCoplCoveMetaCoktBookBarb
BookTropChicLuxewwwmBonuMistSQuiMotoPatiPennEndoJazzValiEducMicrBearLeonMegaPoweFollJeweWindSideTefa
CastIntoMonAJeweTereXVIIMincJBoyTurnJeweEverPrinRHAPErnsArisAcadXXXVTeleJoseWailVaniLeonDaviPeteHero
IOPSHenrmotsBettabsoDunnInclWorlInteAndrVictThomNapoXVIIJohnBookMillOffiJerrFionIndiAmerPaulDolbVals
ClauJohnGeorFirsChriTRASTRASTRASFriedrumMempMariBeteMikhHoldDaviHogaNaziAnnaDigiUsinOper

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:18 am 
Psychonaut

Narr472.4PERFBettKuzuAlexMarcBarbManuSPSSSpliProfFiskConcMagiSimoValiPlatStouWillRiguJuliTefaMichfleu
YorkMarkMathStefCartLifeSidePatrDepeVenoStarSeboShifEdgaDiadErneWillFrieLionXVIICruzBrilGuitNighJuli
KurtJoliBouqMichGeorSusaarisSpliManoFallMarcTerrNikiChesBergAlexJuliGoodSafrZeroSaidRoxystylCarlEkac
SelaElfrRolaSonyXVIIERINNikiSwarJohnINDELiliSailRobeZoneYearAgnuJackZoneXVIIDeclBackZoneZoneValeChet
MargSelmPaulZoneZoneZoneStanZoneUntiWitoZoneZoneORDEZoneDeseZoneUSSRDepoRitmThomAutoVestBakuCataMMPI
JohnClauTequJustPartDaviGDeBRecoMataTOYOTakiDjVuSoulVODKESCABeadMichWinxSonyWindWindWindWindWoodUnit
ClatChouCageAICPPipeBlasFranXVIITulsErleMikeTeenTRISAlexGiovParkMarkThomHonoDoubHeinUltiNataOlegSona
OverVoluChriMSETYourFOREXVIIBillXVIICrysBengClauEnglJudaBonuBlueXVIIMumiCoreStevWeedMarkRobeThomFred
LewiBratKateJamiWindRitmRitmRitmChanCeleCraiGiovJeweMariGenePlunolimCambReadChanDigiJasm