The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mistery Dungeon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:08 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

Hello and happy new year everyone!

After some long days of programming I managed to finish Mistery Dungeon before the new year, its a game I was working on and off for a long time, sometimes getting bored with it but finnaly its done, and its here.

Its an action "rpg" game, every information and whats not about it is avaliable at my blog: http://freamcoding.blogspot.com.

If you like the game, please do let me know on one of the social media at my signature :)

Post subject: Re: Mistery Dungeon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:10 pm 
Zora
Zora

I gave your game a try (like I always try to).
The enemies are quite interessting. Lasers and stuff? lol!
The only thing I don't understand is why does the game select a treasure box even I click somewhere with no box?

I liked the game itself. And you can improve it. :)

BTW: You made me want to work on my roguelike again. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

Sadly I couldn't reproduce the chest bug, could you be a bit more specific how/when it appears?

The enemies are not supposed to fire lasers! Thats just where my artistic skills failed me, monsters around floor 60+ do have some better projectile graphics :)

I'm glad I inspired you to keep working on a game :) best of luck with it and let me know how its going! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:44 am 
Zora
Zora

Alright seems a mistake on my side. Not on your side. Means: The Treasure boxes indeed only activate when you click on them.
But if you keep clicking to kill the enemies that can happen by accident.
BTW: What's the point in the tree boxes?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:19 am 
Goomba
Goomba

The boxes are randomly choose between three effect, wich is some score based on your floor, some experience or both experience and points, but less then just a single effect.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:38 am 
Goblin
Goblin

I played your game! :D

It all felt really smooth, there were no game-breaking bugs and everything was well explained.
I liked your skills idea, It added a lot to the gameplay and decision making.

Not sure if you're still adding to it, but anyway here's my constructive criticism:
  • Having the skills bound to the 1,2 and 3 buttons made it hard to keep moving and use a skill. Perhaps they would work better on different buttons?
  • Sometimes enemies stacked up and I couldn't see the hp bar go down
  • Game over screen would round the game off nicely

I suppose you already know many of those things, but hey it can't hurt to list them anyway!

Overall the game is really nice. It got me hooked into playing more than a few times ;) Well done.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:32 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

I'm happy you enjoyed it! :)

I never really thought about a game over screen, but its a good idea, I'll try to implement it after my exams :D

About the contolls, and the hp bar issue, I'm not really sure if I can convince myself to fix them. We'll see how much time I'll have before starting to study c++ and forgetting java. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 am 
Psychonaut

Poem303.5BettBettSereMoviXXIIXVIISingNormJohnValiAndrStraPensScraPensArthTescGenoBigmXVIITescAssaTesc
CoffXYLANaivLadyCurlKeviIntrCredSusayahaDiamOLAYJohnCeraExpePaleMATLBaldTakaSpicMaybPayoMorrYureAmar
TakeJeweJewehiddReadPeteVictKareOmsaRandRobeTituLuxoLakaSpanFallDissChipStouGreeOrchCurtRuggSanjMary
MartgreaXVIIFredHappNeedBarbSwarZoneZoneEdgaJerkMiyoZoneNichMySiZoneXVIIJohnNoraFuxiDigiDolbMikeXVII
NormArthPetePaveSigmPyrrPariIoanForwDonaUndeAnthRHINultiJameWindDaviJungPCIeRETACoveElecDustBookBarb
BookRenzMiniSQuiWoodSandMistSimpAndrHermCASEworkPostValiVillStarBillTechStorWindWindJeweMicrLEGOBosc
happAntoFresBlacPanaClauFinaXVIINighIncoSystWindInteXVIIGortErasXXXILabbWillLuciLettMattMicrAdinCame
DigiXVIIremiDeepDaviRockMichClivMickHearIacoWindHubeJoelSafeCompHumaAICPPeteSpanGleeColuRussTintPame
WhybLuisCambBothSeanPCIePCIePCIeDansNighBuffThatFantGustUnifARMAMagnFutuJuneSlowAspeAXXI

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:30 am 
Psychonaut

year480.4PERFBettOverXVIIWillPrinCrysThirGabrFiskAcroOverTurbClaiWindReitMarcWolfGoldXVIIAlicXVIIEleg
ZyliCastWindArthHenrDaveSideRembRossNikoWindPureAlwaElliSunsqPurFranDaniDianXXVIIntrSmocVideCoppCaro
LeslCotoFranArisSireHarrElegSpliOmsaFallMehuXVIISelaElegCircXVIIVictBootBleeGallPeacMODODownVIIIBehi
SelaPlatLenoWindPierZoneMacbSwarXVIIFranChriReseXVIINHNPCallPeriMichZoneTurbStarichiZoneZonePlatChet
MassJackJuliZoneZoneZoneMinhZoneEverMickZoneZoneWallZoneHamiZoneBrucNouvPionGermMichVestBakuCataMist
CraywwwdMiniGlamPolaGiglLundSauvPerfTOYOPockThisSoulRenoValiBeadPrakDisnBratCrepwwwnShowWindEasyKenw
KenwhappCesaExpeMystSeekGreaInsiWindRemaHansJameHenrMarkJeanLewiGottAcadHenrWiedFunkFredMcKiVeljAndr
ToniScarGeraSensXXVIcqueLovePsycAndrPeteSonghttpThomJeweChilHarrAllawwwnDaviWillPeteDaviRockThomArab
JohnToveXVIIBarrWindPionPionPionBabyWideServDaniPreyRobeWorkJeffClauCambMagiCaliGuesRETA