The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Pickin' Open Sticks Project Information
http://code.google.com/p/pickin-open-sticks/

PoS is being hosted on Google Code, and under the GPL3 license.

Tools include:
Language: C++
Library: SFML
Scripting: Lua (if any)

This will be a cross-platform project as well.

If you want to be in on the project, PM me your Gmail address.

I will post more as I have more going. I will set up the project in a few hours once I'm on my windows computer.

Please check the Wiki on the Google Code page for documentation and coding standards.

Original Post
I'm just trying to think of things that might be potentially neat (but simple) to work on as a group, essentially having an Open Source project that keeps growing and adding new features over time.

Maybe I'll set up an SVN with a basic write of Pickin' Sticks, and any of us can go in to add new features/fix things/refactor as we feel. Basically hoping it snowballs into something kind of shiny and neat over time. Something to work on when you're bored, feel like coding, but don't want to work on a huge project.

C++ and SFML of course. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:18 am 
Zora
Zora

That sounds like an awesome idea :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:05 pm 
Du'Cate
Du'Cate

Moosader wrote:
I'm just trying to think of things that might be potentially neat (but simple) to work on as a group, essentially having an Open Source project that keeps growing and adding new features over time.

Maybe I'll set up an SVN with a basic write of Pickin' Sticks, and any of us can go in to add new features/fix things/refactor as we feel. Basically hoping it snowballs into something kind of shiny and neat over time. Something to work on when you're bored, feel like coding, but don't want to work on a huge project.

C++ and SFML of course. :)

YES, oh and FINALLY you see that sfml is great lol... jk. i have used sfml from the moment i saw it :D except in my current project that requires sdl im just using sdl + opengl.

i cant wait to do a bit of work on this!

My first website, is being made for an rpg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:13 pm 
Fighter
Fighter

Moosader wrote:
I'm just trying to think of things that might be potentially neat (but simple) to work on as a group,
essentially having an Open Source project that keeps growing and adding new features over time. Maybe I'll set up an
SVN with a basic write of Pickin' Sticks, and any of us can go in to add new features/fix things/refactor as we feel.
Basically hoping it snowballs into something kind of shiny and neat over time. Something to work on when you're bored,
feel like coding, but don't want to work on a huge project. C++ and SFML of course. :)

...And I can add my special brand of...well, whatever I am good at when it happens. Heh. Well, wait until
you see my...Hmm...what can I call it? Well, my 'Pickin' Sticks' clone...with a DUCK! And he collects...umm..
stuff ducks like! Yeah, thats it.

-Ducky(Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:17 pm 
Koopa
Koopa

SFML sounds very good and awesome and all( it must be right, cause all the awesome people seem to like it) but before I can also see this awesomeness in motion, I need an awesome tutorial on it ( Like your SDL one )

Know anyone like you who wrote a tutorial/guide on SFML?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:08 pm 
Niccolo
Niccolo

TekZie wrote:
SFML sounds very good and awesome and all( it must be right, cause all the awesome people seem to like it) but before I can also see this awesomeness in motion, I need an awesome tutorial on it ( Like your SDL one )

Know anyone like you who wrote a tutorial/guide on SFML?

http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/ maybe? Tho they might be using SFML 2.x which is a whole 'nother beast.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:13 pm 
White Mage
White Mage

Now this is just getting a little freaky. It's like you're me but a few seconds in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 pm 
Niccolo
Niccolo

Chris0D2 wrote:
Now this is just getting a little freaky. It's like you're me but a few seconds in the future.

or maybe... you're me from a few seconds in the past?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:49 pm 
Koopa
Koopa

SFML has a 1.x and 2.x branch already? Which do most people ( on this forum ) know? Specifically Lusikkamage / Moosader as I'd want to know the same version as the one that would be used in this hypothetical game being discussed in this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Ahh, I'll have to look into the SFML changes. We'll end up using whichever has more documentation and tutorials available.

http://code.google.com/p/pickin-open-sticks/

I set it up so it's under GPLv3. I like this license, and this way if anyone updates our code outside of this project, they must keep it free and open source.

Here's some info on using Tortoise SVN, though I'm now reading up on how to set it up.
http://code.google.com/p/rbttinvasion/wiki/SettingUpSVN

If you want me to set up an account for you for this project, PM me your GMAIL account. I've already added Ginto and WSPSniper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next