The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:30 pm 
Niccolo
Niccolo

programmerinprogress wrote:
I downloaded from the repository, compiled it and ran it, however I had a minor issue you might want to look into.

on line 21 at Widget.cpp (and I think the error is repeated in the same kind of place in one of the other GUI components) I have some problems with the collision detection function, the compiler moans about passing a non-const Rectangle to the collision function, I think it's because you're creating a Rectangle on the stack and then passing its reference, the compiler didn't seem to like that, I was able to fix it simply by declaring the Rectangle before the function was called with the same arguments, and then just passing that, I guess this must be a problem that's dependent on your compiler, i'm using MinGW through the code::blocks IDE, but the problem is easy to solve, just thought I'd let you know, apart from that, I'd like to see where you go with this :D

there is one easy fix: change the function from
Code:
bool Collision(core::Rectangle& A, core::Rectangle& B);

to
Code:
bool Collision(const core::Rectangle& A, const core::Rectangle& B);

this will allow it to be passed with only pointer-sized overhead if the Rectangle is already allocated, while not requiring edit capabilities.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:22 pm 
Zora
Zora

yeah, adding the constraint to the collision function worked like a charm, I tried it earlier and it didn't work because I only changed the implementation and missed the signature, silly me, whoever is working on PoS should add gintos solution in the next version.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:21 am 
Niccolo
Niccolo

I fixed and committed, just svn up for the fixed revision.

Edit: however, a few .h files don't seem to exist (Slider.h, CheckBox.h, RadioBox.h), but main.cpp uses them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:49 am 
Goblin
Goblin

that's weird.. works for me.. they also appear on google code :|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm 
Zora
Zora

I had to re-add a few of the new GUI objects .h files again, I had one issue with the enum WidgetType, again my compiler doesn't like the forward declaration and the definition in each file, I had to do the unthinkable and place the enum definition into some ifndef guards to get the code to compile.

I think you have a dependency issue there, you might want to consider grouping your Collision function and WidgetType enum into a file that always gets called first by your other files, because every time you add a new GUI component, you're having to declare the collision function and some of them are missing the all important const that allows you to pass Rectangles as references, I guess it's just my compiler that's having these issues, is anyone else experiencing similar errors?

after getting it to compile, I am pretty damn impressed with the sliders and checkboxes though :D

EDIT: in my own personal build I added a header called "Global.h" and just included it in GUIManager.h and Widget.h, I wouldn't recommend this as the name "Global.h" is a little ambiguous, I would either find a better solution to the declaration problem or put it in a filed named "GUIGlobals.h" or something to that effect, who I am to tell you how to do your job :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

visual studio doesn't seem to be bothered... i'll get code::blocks and compile the code in both of those to check if it works next time. :P
programmerinprogress wrote:
after getting it to compile, I am pretty damn impressed with the sliders and checkboxes though

Thanks :D . Those sliders sure took a lot of brain power to make them work properly.. but damn .. those babies can slide! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:45 pm 
Rabite
Rabite

I've edited the grass to make it tile better (I just ran it through GIMP's "Make Seamless" filter).

Here's the new tile:
I also have a request. May I be added to the contributors? I'll mostly do programming if I'm added.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

lotios611 wrote:
I've edited the grass to make it tile better (I just ran it through GIMP's "Make Seamless" filter).

Here's the new tile:
I also have a request. May I be added to the contributors? I'll mostly do programming if I'm added.

PM Me your email address

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm 
Rabite
Rabite

Ok, I'm ready to work on the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:05 pm 
Smushed Goomba
Smushed Goomba

Well welcome to the team :), Please be sure to review the rest of the topics below and any input on the working subjects. There are not many items on the books to do, but there is a lot of cleaning up needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next