The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

The Android SDK itself has a graphics library, but if you're looking to give yourself an easier time, there are Android game frameworks out there you can use, and I would bet that they would work on the OUYA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:59 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Moosader wrote:
The Android SDK itself has a graphics library, but if you're looking to give yourself an easier time, there are Android game frameworks out there you can use, and I would bet that they would work on the OUYA.

Thanks. I found this: http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com. It looks pretty good. It will create an application/game that will run on the desktop, android platform and in a browser. Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Huh-ha! I finally have a working development environment for my Android Tablet. I dispatched "Hello World!" and the default "libgdx" skeleton program. Next up, reading up on libgdx and the beginning my journey to Pickin' Sticks on a 7" Android Tablet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

So hopefully many of us will be getting an OUYA in March or April, right?

Is anyone planning on making any of your games for OUYA? Any plans? I'd like to get a little circle going to brainstorm ideas. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am 
Eater of Comics
Eater of Comics

Moosader wrote:

Is anyone planning on making any of your games for OUYA? Any plans? I'd like to get a little circle going to brainstorm ideas. ^_^

I planned on buying an OUYA forever ago :( But it never happened. Now I'm deadset on getting a galaxy note 10.1. But I definitely plan on getting the OUYA eventually. I'm kind of hoping these things do well and sell out and I get the satisfaction of getting one during the rush. I love it when something like this sells well.

BlackPhantom wrote:
"And the lord said let there be videos! And he saw it was awesome." -Awsome 1:12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am 
Site Admin

eatcomics wrote:
Moosader wrote:

I planned on buying an OUYA forever ago :( But it never happened. Now I'm deadset on getting a galaxy note 10.1. But I definitely plan on getting the OUYA eventually. I'm kind of hoping these things do well and sell out and I get the satisfaction of getting one during the rush. I love it when something like this sells well.

What is the Galaxy Note?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:53 am 
Eater of Comics
Eater of Comics

Moosader wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
Moosader wrote:

What is the Galaxy Note?

Android tablet. And now I'm setback $550 dollars to fix my truck that I literally just bought...

BlackPhantom wrote:
"And the lord said let there be videos! And he saw it was awesome." -Awsome 1:12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:32 am 
Black Mage
Black Mage

I just pre-ordered one of these. :D When it finally comes out it would be cool to maybe team up with someone and make a small game for it. I've been fiddling around with LibGDX quite a bit recently and I'm going to grab the Ouya ODK soon and see if I can mix the two. Luckily, there are resources out there already for doing this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

jasongosen wrote:
I just pre-ordered one of these. :D When it finally comes out it would be cool to maybe team up with someone and make a small game for it. I've been fiddling around with LibGDX quite a bit recently and I'm going to grab the Ouya ODK soon and see if I can mix the two. Luckily, there are resources out there already for doing this.

Yeah, I've been planning the same thing. I've written Pickin' Sticks and Bash 'n' Bump with libgdx so far. It's my favorite library for game development so far. But then again, one reason why I like it so much is that I get to program in Java (my favorite language). I haven't found much use for Java until now.

You stated that "...there are resources out there already for doing this." Could you post some links? The Ouya is the reason why I started tinkering with this library. Any resource is appreciated.

Sadly, I was one of the chumps who pre-ordered mine at a retailer (Game Stop). Retailers don't get the Ouya until June. :-(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:46 am 
Black Mage
Black Mage

rabrant wrote:
You stated that "...there are resources out there already for doing this." Could you post some links?

There is this blog post by the developers of LibGDX on how to get it working with the OUYA. You pretty much just have to do some slight modifications to the project and work a bit of magic to make use of the controller.

rabrant wrote:
Sadly, I was one of the chumps who pre-ordered mine at a retailer (Game Stop). Retailers don't get the Ouya until June. :-(

I'm sorry to hear that. :( If you or anyone would like to have their games tested on OUYA let me know. I could probably run some tests for you and post it on youtube or something. If I have time that is... ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next