The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Giant Font Package
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 pm 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

I've got nothing else better to do right now and I thought I'd share some fonts with the community. I hate going to various websites, downloading hundreds of separate zip folders, and then manually dragging each and every one into my font folder so I thought I'd save others the time of doing the same. There are 700+ fonts in this and a lot of them are grunge, gothic, graffiti, etc. Nonetheless they are great fonts for game development. Enjoy.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?myjmiidzzzt

Post subject: Re: Giant Font Package
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

What are the licenses of these fonts? Would be nice to use them freely anywhere. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:06 am 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Hell if I know. All I know is I went to a couple font database websites and downloaded everything that I thought looked cool. Since they're free they would definitely be allowed for personal use, not sure about commercial use or anything like that though.

I'd say just use them wherever. If some lawyers come knocking on your door, run!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Which kind of makes me wonder whether fonts that are used by default on websites -- Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana, Courier, etc. are public domain, since so many places use 'em. The fancy text on my website is an open license, I did try to make sure of that.

I need to figure out how to make fonts, so I can put up a "public domain fonts" page on my site. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm 
The Swordmaster
The Swordmaster

Moosader wrote:
Which kind of makes me wonder whether fonts that are used by default on websites -- Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana, Courier, etc. are public domain, since so many places use 'em. The fancy text on my website is an open license, I did try to make sure of that.

I need to figure out how to make fonts, so I can put up a "public domain fonts" page on my site. :)

They don't "use" or host them, the site instructs the browser to display xyz font that's stored on the computer. If the font isn't on the computer, then the browser selects the next font in the list if there is one, or selects the default font in the browser settings. It's no different then using Arial or times new roman in a word document.

With the advent of CSS3 font_face, you can actually use whatever font you want for your website, as long as you have permission too. Note that you have to host this font, and that older browsers won't support it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:09 pm 
Psychonaut

Call366.5PERFCHAPChriSmacDisnGeloFlemJameStepInteGaryJeanXVIIXIIIGaloAlbeMoreTramMastVintClasRoseJame
MichJozsGreeGlisDomaXVIIJameNichRemiUnioKoopBeneAlfrAnnaNikoXVIIPatrAndrFullFranRollqEsscontOmsaNint
AnnaLineJanuWhitOverDramXVIIFastXVIIWorlFourPariGeorFELIStouSelaLondHeinJupeTokiFunkConcWillLiveDoug
STRESwarRubiCircCeltXVIIWeniZoneParuXVIIZoneBikeJukkRusiHydrHiroRalpSwarConnovalSideZoneVIIIBurdZone
ZoneArthHerbZoneZoneComeHowaSonyMarkZoneZoneFallZoneZoneZoneZonePateFursRussEmilRozaKaisGonzToloMajo
RidgGalacellOlmeFootMegaMistTheaFerdARAGMicrdjvuFreeValiValiTrefFlasHautMariWindWindWindSaleLegoVale
BranNaviOceaXXIIInteWhenJoseBonuProkMidnSmitFantWindKonoBertVillSecoWongElviBariVictPatcJeffDonaRide
ModeNochPatrDaviJoseKreaJereOpusWindWindGibsDebrPONSBrotLeadEnglPhilInteEvolSTEPWantSongFranEWSDPhil
WhybSupeOverSweeDennRussRussRussAngeCabrCalyGeneEmotMariSelmMidnShotErnsWalkFairLetoXVII