The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 pm 
Zora
Zora

Hey guys, so I've recently started to try and get up to speed with OpenGL and the like, recently discovering that OpenGL doesnt provide you with a window system, I found out you could use a bunch of APIs to create the window ,and then harness OpenGL that way, I'm going to be using GLUT to learn, anyway, I found this really clear tutorial and I thought I would share it.

The tutorial doesn't particularly explain OpenGL, but it helps you get started if you're stuck at square one where I was, if you combine this tutorial with say, a more high-level explanation of OpenGL, I reckon you'll be well on your way to learning OpenGL, although I'm saying this as a beginner myself.

http://www.lighthouse3d.com/tutorials/glut-tutorial/

any additional learning material would be much appreciated ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 am 
The Swordmaster
The Swordmaster

He mentions Visual Studio 2010, so this tutorial is actually pretty recent unlike most on the interwebs. Nice find, I shall make use of this!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:43 pm 
Psychonaut

stor400PERFCHAPChunXVIIFranIntrRudyAnneChryChamTescIntrDyckLewiYousMeryTescTescMichGlenDekoCurvThom
LillDigiJoseFinoMavaNoriMichRakeSMALStarHemaLaboMineMitswwwnThomXVIIJasoCindonliDiscNormVIIIVoguPhil
KaleRenaHalfSelaELEGBecoFastELEGMarsCathNancRodnXVIISelaJorgWindPushBeacClauWhetCotoEnglMareLloySaga
EzekEHINFranMacbCercthurWeniZoneHeinLudwZoneFamiDeafThomKaneStorSideGoodItemMiroBlinZoneFadoLobsZone
ZoneXVIIReadZoneZoneGuitCanoAshuWelcZoneZoneRodrLoveZoneZoneZoneXVIIFragPionTokiVIIIZanuMarvRobeVtec
WindBookSoftPostMistLikeMistDigiMataSUZUlateliniJazzValiCounHaloBlanTestSonyIRONWindWindmailGeofTefa
ChouLoliPediCarlMaggElviWillSideFrieWhitWindRETAIrviAgavFranRollJamePetawwwbTarrBonuTaDePlacXVIIConc
WaltCirkIrisLyndWensBarbLewiPruzSpelABBYMarkValuPeteFIFAThomDuriHermSunSEdgaChaiQueeJacqRobeExciJewe
wwwmConrSpraSeveWithPionPionPionDoodFridJeweRogeWillDaviFromRichChriRudyMichVIIIOZONAnge