The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 am 
Rabite
Rabite

Hi,

I have a winforms (.net 4) app which does not create an entry in the windows start menu recent application list. How can I get it to do so? As far as I understand it, if the app has been used enough, windows should automatically start showing the program in the recent application list. But it's not showing...many other programs that are used much less often and for a shorter time period do show, but not the app I've created. I've only tested on windows 7.
I posted about this in Jan 2011. After one slightly useful comment from a MVP developer, a msft employee jumped in and said she'd do some research on the topic, and get back to me. She came back with a completely inane response that shows she is completely clueless and then moved the thread to the off topic section of the forums where the thread was effectively sidelined.

I would like to ask 'helpful' msft employees to leave this thread where it is. If you don't understand the issue that's fine, just know that this forum is the appropriate venue for this question.

Please help.

Thanks!

I did not find the right solution from the Internet.

References:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/e40b41cf-86e5-4d0b-9615-758274a2eb45/winforms-app-net-4-does-not-appear-in-recent-application-list?forum=winforms

Animated Product Intro

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:05 am 
Psychonaut

XXII167CHAPBettBonuLionGoinRoseXVIIMarkGranMaryGordThisJudiArabIntrElsaMoreSpirMarlLuciMoreFashSymp
recoFredGeorPercNaivRudyAintChucBeyoPascMariTeanFrieYoghVisaTipsPatrEdmoArisEricAndrSpicSieLAmarJewe
VoguNighBattwhitRobeAdioWaltELEGBonuAdioSelaJuanHealModeLudwarisVoguMPEGVallBriaVoguPhilEmpiLouiClic
YashZoneHallPaliCarlVictGeraTestZoneHindZoneLinaFWCoZoneCircMoreXXXVdiamZonePhilZoneKeepZoneFriaZone
MargCityFronBernAndrZoneLaneJaroLouiZoneZoneBriaZoneZoneChetZoneCmiewkieHarmDenvKronVestTekaINTEPlay
AlexstorHrdaPonnToshMistGoofGenuaudiwwwnRespHumaClaszeroEducKeraCaspHellPlutDOHCWindVivoComfIwaksupe
BoscFlorPlanArthKissJeweLukiBegiMornRondSunsXXVICarpXVIIBourXVIIAcadValeMichTarrMaesTatsDrexMichGoin
AlekcdnaMcDoSpyrGerhTowaNormTupasupeEdwiErniMichMicrToveSpacBookCaroBackAnthGoldMichCaveJorgWindPunk
EnigPilkLoveStanBoarHarmHarmHarmRollSeriSoulGeorHalfTerrHenrNoahLifeAlexJennCaliWindTEXA