The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't edit signature?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:40 pm 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

From what it seems, signatures are now disabled. I would at least like my signature removed from my profile. It's broken and ugly looking. :/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:20 pm 
Psychonaut

Hm, are they disabled? Mine works, but that might be because of my user status not being a regular user. Have you tried checking the box that says "Attach a signature ( signatures can be altered via the UCP )" below your posts? Also, as that box suggests, you can alter the signature via your User Control Panel ( UCP ) which you can access via the link at the top right corner of the page or by going to this link: http://www.moosader.com/forum/ucp.php

You can also have it to where your signature is attached by default by changing your Board Preferences: Posting Defaults. This can be done in the User Control Panel by:

1. Going to the UCP via the link at the upper-right corner of the page or at this link: http://www.moosader.com/forum/ucp.php

2. In the "Options" block, click "Board preferences".

3. Under "Board preferences", click "Edit posting defaults".

4. In the "Edit Posting Defaults" block, click "Yes" for "Attach my signature by default:".

5. Finally, click the "Submit" button to save your changes.

If you can't access the UCP or there is no "Attach a signature ( signatures can be altered via the UCP )" checkbox, let me know. I don't think I can remove your signature as a moderator but maybe someone with administrator power can if needed. So if you can't use signatures and can't remove it, I'll have to try getting someone with the power to do so.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:08 am 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

No option for signatures. Also, Attach a signature is always selected.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:55 am 
Undine
Undine

Rachel must have changed some settings because it's the same for me.

Old posts still has signatures attached.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:21 pm 
Psychonaut

You might have messed up on step 2. You were supposed to click "Board preferences", it looks like you clicked "Profile" in that image you attached Rexx. But I'll take your word and Peter's that it's not showing up for you both. I'll send Rachel a PM about it and whenever she does pop in she can address it.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:01 pm 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

No, I didn't mess up. If I was able to edit my signature, it would appear under the Profile block.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 am 
Undine
Undine

The "Attach my signature by default" option is there in the UCP, and the "Attach a signature" option is checked when submitting a post, but the signature just don't show up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:42 pm 
Psychonaut

Quote:
Also, as that box suggests, you can alter the signature

Looks like I messed up with my wording, my bad :oops: . You are right that if you were able to edit/alter your profile's signature it would give you the "Edit signature" option under "Profile". What my 5 steps above was showing was how to enable signature attachment by default for you posts. Again my bad :lol: .

Here's what your Profile tab would show if you were able to edit your signature:

Seeing as that doesn't appear for regular users, and as Peter said both the "Attach a signature" checkbox and the default attaching setting is enabled, you were right in saying that it must be disabled. I already sent the PM to Rachel yesterday so she will see it eventually. I might try popping in on the IRC and seeing if I can get here to check in on the forums ( she hasn't been on much, probably pretty busy ).