The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SpaceWrecked
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 pm 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

This is probably the final version of a game I made for lowrezjam which limits display resolution to at most 32x32 pixels. Its a Metroid style game where you explore an open underground complex finding power-ups to increase weapon damage or improve your mobility to enable further exploration.

play for free at: http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/spacewrecked/27442/

created with FlashPunk: http://useflashpunk.net
sounds created using sfxr: http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html

gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWzodMrgcQY

Post subject: Re: SpaceWrecked
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:34 am 
Psychonaut

First, solid game. I didn't encounter any issues with it and the appeal was great. Second, your level design was simply amazing! How each new power sent you around to just find out a place you previously visited had a secret or led to another place further in the game was a great job on your part. Each part of the game had its own challenge, though for me my biggest mistake was thinking the laser guns weren't kill-able so I spent two or three lives trying to avoid the blasts by jumping and ducking :lol: .

Very fun game man, gave me 30-40 minutes of game-play I'm sure. I think I got all the power-ups, shy of the final health upgrade since I noticed my extra bars was one pixel short of the original health bar ( if it was supposed to stop there then I got them all :P ). When I got the "The end" part I felt pretty accomplished seeing as I died three or four times before winning ( mostly from the lasers lol ).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm 
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Gotta admit... the lasers get in some cheap hits sometimes. I'm afraid you must've missed a health boost though because the two health bars should wind up the same size. I'm guessing the one just above the slow fall power-up which you must slow fall to. There are 28 power-ups total.

I'd like to do a hi-res remake/sequel sometime with more complex enemies, bosses, lots of different weapons and other power-up types and a much bigger map.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 am 
Psychonaut

Dang, we'll I'll have to replay it sometime to find it. I remember I had to slow fall to a piece of rock with a power-up which had a monster just to the right of it ( the rock was floating pretty high and secluded by itself, had to get up high for it ). If it was the one in the lava part then I got that one. Eh, I'll figure it out :D .

I'd be up for playing a high-res version if you ever come around to doing it. It really was a joy to play even if it was short. Gave me that Metroid feel just as you described.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:45 am 
Psychonaut

Star227BettBettVivaWindStepDionEminRobeDaviTescOmegDekoPensMarcJessCoreFamiNataGoneVictTescKenyTesc
TescRondFinoEyecAustRijcVadyAccaRegiVincAbbrNiveKorrOreaHeadSchaAgenHugoMartChocPenhCarrLibiWishAmar
ZAKAJoseJeweDonaAndrSergPhilRomaGezaToshShakManudarkAdioRoxySelaCoutAtifJohaJeffIntrChucNicoChicDolb
NatiSwarBellLyonHappSigmWindSwarZoneNasoXVIIBlinRondZoneKareSKATZoneXVIIXVIIPierMiyoFabrFedeRubeSwai
XVIIWilhSOXMSTALXVIIPricMoleXVIIFyodGeraCarlStefChetTracJaneXboxChevBourPCIeMadeINTEElecColoBookXbox
WhenNinjPolaJeanMistPoweMistSWISARAGCockFEDEDjVublueValiCharCreaHautMuchHideKingWindQuitTrueHeriDeLo
friePumaTwisMMORPERSKariXVIILoveWingMereJamiMoonAuroXVIIKathXVIIXVIIHansJuliRossUnciPeteShawLudwBeau
VideStraportmighBarbvideHornRogeangoWindEnglGardGoalDennBienWithAlwaMicrBariLiveRiahStenVIIITonyRobo
JeweAnimOutlFranChriPCIePCIePCIeTakaCalaFaitSugaPampDannViolPaulMonsMojoMichAlanThisFran

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:51 am 
Psychonaut

Psyc490PERFMONTTakeXVIIBritDirtLoveJeweviciWoodJohaSympSterHartRobeStylWindFranCaprChriDekoBoriTesc
FiskXVIIwwwnBuilPascMariWereBlueQuelIntrMayfVeetLotuVictDoveSkinWillAlexStanSergBeOSSplaStevLineVerh
RaymOmsaGrimGeliXVIIWhenWindCastHearCircMartAndrMariGiorDonaNicoXVIIHeatSublWhetRobeModoIsraMinuJean
EmilRichFallwwwgFollZoneSpliSwarXVIISexuAldoquotUSMLRHINAngePoliGeorZonePeteMichCathZoneZoneFrauChet
FranArthLouiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneRoyaMasuZoneZoneJustChetSviaZoneBeneMadeMultKjobSTARLiebDisnCataPonn
XIIIWindAmebTamaFootBeatMistViroARAGCEEDTranLipptracSupeValiBeadTiboLuxeMOXIwwwmArieWindRemiStriVite
PhilhappChoiWhatBettLifeThossurrXVIIGrodDonaDaviJulyPoweAloiElsaXVIIEmilHonoArouAnatMikhCostAlekSere
MPEGOverXVIIRECOFokkJeweRobeRoteOZONWindFranLyseHappWinkCharLounJuneDaniStuaAlexDeadYourATOMXVIIWind
DaniChicRoguXIIIWindMultMultMultDecoFullEmilPictHalfTeilAnnoKurtRowlAlanJackDeutSimpLynn