The Moosader Community

Visit the IRC at irc.freenode.net #Moosader! Community dedicated to programming and game development! Moosader.com
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

So OpenArt is under reconstruction, but I keep ending up asking myself whether it's worth it to have something essentially just like http://opengameart.org/, but on a different site. I don't think it's very viable, but I do know people utilize my site.

At the same time, I don't want to host _my_ open artwork on moosader.com itself; it feels like it should be external. There are also the existing assets on OpenArt, that people may not want to host on OGA for whatever reason.

One idea I was thinking of was having it more specialized; like "Open Art from the Moosader Community" rather than just OpenArt in general. It'd be based around artists and "Serieses" moreso than a jumble of random assets.

So what I mean by serieses are, say, you'll view my section on the site, I'll have Sets or Serieses of assets:
  • Lenxion
  • Medieval
  • Dungeon Crawler

Where my serieses could have a name ("Lenxion"), a theme ("Medieval"), or for a specific type of game ("Dungeon Crawler"). In these sets, the assets all look like they belong together, and I would try to submit enough assets into each of my groups to be adequate for an actual game.

We could still have all the assets sortable via author, tags, score like we (sort of) have now, but I think it'd be more focused on Series.

Additionally, I might enforce a limit of something like "You must have submitted 3 assets to have it hosted here", or something. Obviously, a Series wouldn't need to be done all at once, and could be added to casually, but want to make sure it has corresponding art.

Anyway, that's just a rough idea. I really want to hear what other ideas everybody else has, so please let me know what you think.

-Rach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:53 am 
Psychonaut

sich260BettBettRemiComiAndrFranBalaAgusBrotRushEntsGregForrSoehPremTescGardHansZoneJediRoseFlutAtla
ExcelemoStewMarkVoluJonaWereHugoIntrVictDaviCreoCreoSmitLuriMaryGeorReveTescKamiAccaBartBourAstrPian
CotoMariPurpPhotWhatDaviFallSelaGezaSherPlanMatiSandMariMileTuanMostPianVoguJohnJeweSelaNeedChicPref
AndrShemCtenLarrGeorWindModoZoneArtsGuilSwarEcocZoneZoneJohaBabyZoneZoneZoneMurpAlleZoneErnePassGlen
ChetZeppNokiKinoZoneColuZoneZoneCardZoneStraFallArabZoneZoneZoneOrdeCuviCasiSPetCraiBoscBakuBookWind
BookDeadWALLPETEGiglLineMearPierSTARRENARussCardSympDaviEducCreaFlasZebuAndeWingWindwwwiCommJohaTefa
BoscChouMonAUnitDaviPaulMadeAGEIWeinHeadEchoToucDragAlanMastVickOwenFRONFineLocoXVIISergOlegDieuNeve
LimbJeebMichMicrRobeRoubPinkShotBenjXVIIJoanBarrDaniNortTowaPhotDisnSusaJamePoweUndeWindBrigUzziDarc
WindRogeheigNeedHeikCasiCasiCasiJeanRounIlluKingPourPictTresHickTrioEdgaBeatDeacSheiGnaa